As human development expands further and further into the natural habitats of wild animals, homeowners
are more frequently having to deal with the reality that a wild animal has invaded their home. Animals
will enter the home looking for shelter, food, protection, and sometimes a place to raise their babies.
With a range of damages Miami wild animals can cause in your attic, you will want to get rid of them as quickly
as possible. Animals dwelling in an attic can cause severe danger to your entire home if ignored. A household
pest can not only carry diseases but also weaken the structure of your home, ruin the plumbing as well as cause
permanent damage to the electrical wiring. The list of possible dangers is never-ending.
Why it’s necessary
Part of maintaining your home is checking for the possibility of wild animals in the attic. It’s only normal to do the
initial steps on your own, which is probably why you’re looking for some answers on how to get rid of wild animals in the
Your ways and means
Supposing you know the drill in checking if there are indeed animals living inside the attic, the second step is how to get
rid of them. It’s not always easy to come up with a trap and catch these Florida animals since they can get sneaky sometimes. You
will want to:
• Find some clues
• Set up a trap or poison
• Catch or kill the animal
• Clean after the remains
A few basic steps to follow
You can come up with several ways to trap a raccoon, a rodent or a squirrel, but this is no guarantee that your house will be
free from further damage. Another thing to consider is how to prevent them from coming back. Here are some ideas:
• Cut down trees and branches near the property to take away access to roofs, air vents and the attic.
• Install a proper nesting place for Miami squirrels outside your home so they don’t have to search anywhere else.
• Eliminate the presence of food sources by using heavy covers for the garbage cans, cleaning up fruit debris, and feeding your
own pets in an enclosed area.
• Install a chimney cover to get rid of wild birds and other animals coming in and out of the smoke vent.
• Use a hard wearing steel screen for the vents in the attic and keep it in place to ensure no animal can find its way in.
• Don’t forget to check the roof for any gaps and patch everything else with hardware fabric and staple wire.
• Double-check the surroundings, especially the home exterior (e.g. the attic’s air ventilation, soffit vents, roof lines,
holes in the walls, etc.).
• Listen to see if there are any strange noises coming up from the attic.
When all else fails
Not all cases are as easy to handle depending on what type of Florida animal is actually present inside your home. A wildlife removal expert
knows how the routine works--from inspection to getting rid of the animal as well as proper maintenance.
Go back to the Miami Wildlife Control home page.